Florida Blue Key Application
Dear Prospective Member of Florida Blue Key,
Thank you for your interest in joining Florida Blue Key’s Fall 2019 Tapping Class. As the University of Florida’s oldest and most distinguished leadership honorary, Florida Blue Key recognizes a class of students each semester who have displayed exemplary leadership on campus and have made significant contributions to the University of Florida through service. Diversity of experience and involvement are important to the organization, and Florida Blue Key encourages applicants from all facets of campus.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- Be a current full-time student at the University of Florida, or if graduating, be enrolled in the number of credit hours required to meet graduation requirements.
- Have completed sixty (60) hours of college credits excluding current enrollment, and twenty-four (24) of which were earned at the University of Florida.
- Have participated and demonstrated impactful leadership and service in extracurricular activities at the University of Florida.
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
The following are the components of a complete application:
- Resume printed on legal paper and formatted using the FBK Sample Resume with a signed statement granting the Student Activities and Involvement staff permission to verify GPA, credit hours, and student conduct standing.
- Completed application questions with 12pt font, single-spaced, and no longer than two pages.
- Payment of the $50 application fee either via Venmo (@FloridaBlueKey), cash, check made out to Florida Blue Key, or through our online store here.
If your application is incomplete or formatted incorrectly, you will not receive an interview or a refund. Please be considerate of this in submitting required materials.
Please keep the following Fall 2019 applicant timeline in mind:
Tuesday, September 24th – Florida Blue Key Application opens
Friday, October 11th – Florida Blue Key Application due by 5PM
Sunday, October 20th through Sunday, October 27th – Florida Blue Key Interviews
Tuesday, November 5th – Florida Blue Key Pre-Tapping Banquet
Saturday, December 7th – Florida Blue Key Tapping Banquet (if selected)
Applications for the Fall 2019 Tapping Class open on Tuesday, September 24th and are due to the Florida Blue Key office no later than 5:00PM on Friday, October 11th.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to stop by during our application office hours or email me directly. Thank you again for your interest in Florida Blue Key, and we look forward to seeing your application.
Good luck, and Go Gators!
Vice President of Membership