Dear Prospective Member of Florida Blue Key,
Thank you for your interest in joining Florida Blue Key’s Spring 2019 Tapping Class. As the University of Florida’s oldest and most distinguished leadership honorary, Florida Blue Key recognizes a class of students each semester who have displayed exemplary leadership on campus and have made significant contributions to the University of Florida through service. Diversity of experience and involvement are important to the organization, and Florida Blue Key encourages applicants from across campus.
The following are requirements for all applicants:
- Be a current full-time student at the University of Florida, or if graduating, be enrolled in the number of credit hours required to meet graduation requirements.
- Have completed sixty (60) hours of college credits excluding current enrollment, and twenty-four (24) of which were earned at the University of Florida.
- Have participated and demonstrated impactful leadership and service in extracurricular activities at the University of Florida.
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative grade point average.
The following are the components of a complete application:
- Resume printed on legal paper and formatted using the FBK Sample Resume with a signed statement granting the Student Activities and Involvement staff permission to verify GPA, credit hours, and student conduct standing.
- Completed application questions with 12pt font, single-spaced, and no longer than two pages.
- Payment of the $50 application fee.
Applications for the Spring 2019 Tapping Class will be made available on Monday, February 25th and are due to the Florida Blue Key office no later than 4:00PM on Friday, March 15th.
Please keep the following Spring 2019 applicant timeline in mind:
Monday, February 25th – Florida Blue Key Application opens
Monday, March 11th thru Friday, March 15th – Office hours held in the Florida Blue Key office to answer any questions regarding the application (optional)
Friday, March 15th – Florida Blue Key Applications due by 4PM
Friday, March 22nd thru Sunday, March 24th – Florida Blue Key Interviews
Thursday, March 28th – Florida Blue Key Pre-Tapping Social from 7-9PM (optional)
Friday, March 29th – Florida Blue Key Pre-Tapping Community Service Event (optional)
Sunday, April 28th – Florida Blue Key Tapping Banquet (if selected)
If you have any questions about the application process please email Florida Blue Key’s Vice President of Membership, Regan Lee, at email@example.com.
Thank you again for your interested in Florida Blue Key, and we look forward to seeing your application.
Good luck, and Go Gators!